Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Clampitt's go car shopping

Well, as I told you we were going car shopping on Saturday, and as I also told you I HATE to shop. We went to Aimee's softball practice and then set off to car shop. She had in her mind what she wanted (Ha!) We started out in Indianapolis (inner city Indianapolis). Let me say that was interesting, she wanted a SUV. Now we had already said we weren't going to spend any more that what the insurance check was for. Do you know how hard it is to find a car with decent mileage , dependable and stylish for $5400.00! Let me tell you it is next to impossible!



We went to 8 or 10 dealerships with way too eager salesmen. We even left one standing in his office waiting for us. He actually was telling us about a SUV we were looking at and shook Ed's hand, and Ed said "what's the price?" The salesman looked at me and said "Hi Mrs. Price", well needless to say Aimee & I lost it. Ed gently corrected the salesman and hurried to get out of there. (We embarrass him quite often). We continued on to many more car lots....


I had just about had enough and Ed being the intuitive person that he is suggested we go eat. While we were eating, I had an epiphany (imagine that) that I should pray about it. What an amazing thought. Isn't it amazing how we forget to go to God in ALL things. I just said Lord, you know I am fed up, if it be your will let us go home today with a car that is dependable and safe because I can't take much more..



We got done eating, went to another dealership and had nothing to show for it. So we decided to head toward Greenwood. We went to another 4 or 5 and came close once but then again it had too high of mileage. We decided it was getting late and we might have to go another day (oh joy)!



We headed toward home. We got into Martinsville and drove by one of those huge dealerships and just happened to look over and saw about 6 or 7 vehicles under 5,000.00. Ed made a legal u-turn (my Dad, the king of u-turns would be so proud). We went back and the cars were parked in the muddy grass so I elected to stay in the car. Well, I had to get out because Aimee found one she really liked. As I got out a salesman reached us and asked us if that was our price range. We said yes and he said well I have a 2004 Cavalier for $4900.00, we were like are you sure? He said I think so and pointed us in its direction. We drove up to it and Aimee fell in love. I still wasn't sure because it was burnt orange.... but we drove it and it had lower mileage than anything we had seen. When we got back the salesman said he had gotten the price wrong, it was really $7900.00 but it was supposed to go on sale in a few days, BUT since he already quoted it to us if we wanted it we could take it for $4900.00 but can't negotiate the price(like we would have at that point). We jumped on it, with sales tax and all we paid $33.00 over the insurance check.



Ok, moral of that LONG story... you can make u-turns as long there isn't a posted sign saying you cannot.

Not really....To me it was that I needed to learn to fully rely on God in ALL things not matter how small we might think they are.



Have a good week!!





1 comment:

Lauren said...

He is certainly in the small stuff, isn't He?

can't wait to get a ride in that sweet "burnt orange" car!!

xoxo