Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Deer Hunting

I bet you didn't know I was a deer hunter?? Well I was today anyway!! I was on my way to work and just got on base around 4:45 a.m. when I saw 4 deer in the roadway, I slowed down to let them pass when out of nowhere this buck came out of the woods and (this is no kidding) head butted my car then spun and hit my passenger side door and ran off.


Now, you are going to think I am crazy but it was SO funny....The deer stopped, looked at me shook his head and ran off. It was like he thought "what hit me". For all of you animal lovers, he was fine, but my 2007 Durango is a little beat up. I called Ed and he said well as long as you aren't hurt don't worry about it, but you are calling the insruance office! He is such a calm guy. (I admit it irritates me at times).

Then came the task of calling the insurance company. That was what I was dreading, I mean they just sent us a check for Aimee's car last week. I called and gave the receptionist the information AND the good was I killed 2 birds with one stone because I also gave her the information of Aimee's car we bought this weekend to add to our insurance. Ironic huh? We have to take the blessings anywhere we can get them. Our insurance guy Joe, is the sweetest guy, he called me and actually laughed at me and asked if I had been deer hunting. I was worried about our rates but he assured me this was pretty minor. I don't call anywhere from $2000.00 - $4000.00 damage minor but hey what do I know!

Anywhere, once again I learned a lesson from God in this. Isn't is amazing how when we want to see it we can see the blessings all around us.

Here is my verse of the day.

Hebrews 12

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

New Living Translation

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

Have a great Wednesday!!

No comments: