Thursday, February 28, 2008

Rearview Mirrors



I was watching the end of American Idol on Tuesday night, I usually just watch the auditions because quite frankly they are hilarious! However, I have gotten hooked on it this season, there is SO much talent there.


~Anyway

Paula made the statement to David Archuleta "I just want to hug you and squeeze you and hang you from my rear view mirror". I busted out laughing, aren't there those people you know that you want to do that too??


I am amazed at what you will find hanging from rear view mirrors. It can range from air fresheners to dream catchers (A.K.A shrunken heads... inside joke). I am not sure how the fascination of hanging things from the mirror came from, but when I was a teenager I had a car that I hung multiple things from and it fell off my windshield. . . several times!! I finally learned not to hang so many things there.


I guess that like me most people hang things there that mean something to them. I have an angel on mine that my friend Terri gave me because she said I spent most of my time in my car with all the sports my kids play. I also use it as a reminder of sorts because to put it bluntly I NEED a reminder of the "important" things. I can't trust myself to get through life alone. How easy is it to want to do things our way and on our time. That is a big one, our time. It is so hard to remember that our time is not God's time. How often have you prayed for something and as soon as you are done you do not wait for God but continue on to do it your way?? I know I have several times, it is a good thing God is all powerful, all knowing and a FORGIVING God.



On the last Walk to Emmaus I worked, we received a window cling as agape that said Trust in the Lord and he shall direct thy path. I love that!! I put it on my rear view mirror as it suggested. I am a sucker for things like that. I often put up verses in the bathroom to where my family sees them first thing in the mornings. With my OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) I love post it notes and anything that "reminds" me of things, Ed laughs at me because he has come home before and checked the answering machine to find my "notes to self" on there.



Let's remember to keep the important things close to us and use whatever rear view mirror accessories we need to in life to help us out!

No comments: