Sunday, February 24, 2008

WHOO HOOO Sunday!

Sunday is my favorite day of the week.

It is the only day we can sleep in as a family. Our church service is at 10:45 so that gives us lots of time in the morning. However, I have found that that is also our most stressful morning. Now, I know why... that is the day we go to church to worship. That ole' scum dog (as I affectionately call the devil, thanks Brenda!!) is at his best then. Let me tell you, for those who think the devil isn't at work need to just look around. He tries to put us in a whirlwind of emotions in the Farhar house on Sunday mornings, AND now that I look at it I can remember that as a child in my parents home on Sundays as well.

I know for me it is a fight EVERY day to just get out of bed , let alone go out into the world. Do you have those days too? Our Associate Pastor Dan told us in our Wednesday night study last week a little saying that is a good one. "Before our feet hit the floor, let our words hit God's ears". Sounds simple right?? Well, it isn't for me. The ole' scum dog gets me up and thinking about everything I have to do during that day and week. He wants to keep us busy to get us away from God.

We are reading through the bible in a year in our church and although Leviticus tripped me up, it has really helped me to stay on track. Our church service today started out much like it usually does but ended up with several youth at the alter and just a prayer and worship service. It was AWESOME!! God is Good! It was spirit lead and just truly amazing, it left me standing in awe with tears in my eyes at the work that God was doing. I want to give you a verse to use for this week.


Isaiah 40:30-31 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

... Coming tomorrow the car shopping adventure!!!

No comments: