Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So I thought....

Have you ever had that one issue, or person that you have felt like you were past the feelings, hurts, & resentments only to have it or them creep back up & smack you in the face??? (Not literally of course)


I've found that I deal pretty well with things..... Lol that is while they are out of sight, out of mind! Only to have it creep back in & you realize maybe you hadn't dealt with it quite as well as you thought.


For me, I tend to "self protect" in order not to get hurt. I have a hard time trusting people. You mau find that odd but it is so true. For many years I masked it by being hateful & mean. You see by doing that people don't want to get close to you & so trust issues solved right??? Not so much.


Once my relationship with God became stronger & stronger I started inching to the end of the dock in my relationships with people. I started opening up & putting myself out there. Do I still get hurt? Yes. People will always let us down due mainly to our expectations of them BUT once we rely on God's grace it makes it a little easier to handle.


I struggle daily with my expectations of what I think people need to be to me. How unfair!! I'm working on looking at the world through Jesus' eyes. It's a continual process that takes lots of work & prayer.


Take your worries, concerns, expectations, hurts, attitudes, & human nature & lay it at HIS feet to deal with. Put your trust in God & as it says in Proverbs, he will make your paths straight.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Word. And I am so thankful you are not scary to me anymore... LOL

Inge' said...

I think this is a struggle we all have. I know that I fail EVERYDAY. I know exactly how Paul felt.

This is a very heartfelt post. Thanks for sharing!