Wednesday, August 19, 2009

As I started this post it was headed in one direction but God has changed that a bit so bear with me.

As many of you know I LOVE to read. I am currently reading 2 different books plus my Bible. The one book I started is the first in a series of twelve. It's kind of a sci-fi book based on the television series The Legend of the Seeker. I watched one episode of it while on vacation & I knew I had to find the books. The first one is titled "Wizard's first rule". Basically, there is a dark power trying to get to the "good lands" to destroy it. The key to defeating the bad guy is this book. It holds the secrets to everything. I am throughly enjoying this book. There are 835 pages in the first one alone. As I read it I continue to find similarities to my spiritual life. The ole scum dog lurking around waiting to destroy us & what hold the key to our fighting him?? THE BOOK. It was a God moment for me because for so long I've grieved myself over reading novels but I can find God things in most all of what I read!!


So, last night was another formation & boy did God show up. It was amazing. I love preparing to work these walks so much better than making my walk!!! I got home around 1130. My kids were on my bed & Ed was in our room. What a joy to sit with them & talk about their night, plus help Cole with his Biology =), yes they should have been in bed but I couldn't shoo them off. This morning I have been emailing a fellow team member back & forth. Now I know why Lauren lives with her part time!! She is such a special woman. We had a God moment as she was telling me about another God moment in the restroom (I know, I know) she had last night. My 2 kids at home & her kids are the same age & we have shared how for too long worry for our kids have consumed our minds. That is one thing I laid down last night. Although I know my kids are good kids & have Christian backgrounds, & know what is right. I would still worry SO much about the direction their lives would take. I worried about their friends, their thoughts, their actions when not around me. Why?? Because as a mother you want the best for your kids. I don't want them to make the same mistakes I have made but I also realize they have to make their own mistakes. I cannot shelter then their whole lives, darn it!!

I truly feel God has placed this team together "for such a time as this". There are so many similarities in where many of us our right now in our lives. Thank you Jesus!!!

What is it that you need to lay down at the foot of thr cross that seperates you from the love of God??

No comments: