Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hebrews 4:1-2
1 Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2 For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.


As I opened my Bible today I read these verses. It got me to thinking how in the difficulties of life or the moment right now, they tend to overshadow the reality of God's promise, we then doubt that God will fulfill his promises to us.


Why??


When we trust in our own efforts instead of Christ's power, we become in danger of turning back. Our efforts are NEVER adequate, only Christ can see us through!!


I got a lesson today from Cole when I asked him how his spiritual life is going (as I do from time to time) he said a lot better. I said that's great & the next statement made his ole mamma cry. He said " its like when i want or need something I just stop and pray and like when i am playing soccer I trust that he will help he do my best at all times". Wow from the mouth of a 14 year old.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow, how cool isi that?!

Lauren said...

I wanna be like cole when I grow up.

Andrea said...

Love love love that Coleio

beckiwoodsmall said...

I'm so proud of Cole! He was "set aside" from birth. What a special young man, even if I am his mamaw!!