Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daniel

Last night I made my first trip to the jail to see my little brother, Daniel. Folks, there is a reason I haven't gone yet but I put "myself" aside and went and boy was I glad I did.


He looked really good. Dan has this smile about him that just lights up a room. He has so much personality and is super funny! We always have a good time when we are around each other. So, here it was myself, my Mom and Dad, my sister Andi and my uncle Danny. There was only one phone to use so Danny tried at first but his hearing aid wasn't cooperating well so I took the phone only to hear my Dad say "Won't get that phone back" and yep he was right. I held on to that phone, Daniel picked up another phone in the booth beside him and Andi go on the other phone on our side. We talked and laughed and laughed some more. We even did the silly hold your hands to the glass thing where they meet perfectly (several times). I commented on his stylish attire to which he showed me that he has named brand on. He had taken a pen and wrote the name of a brand on them. He said I have an American Eagle pair too.... lol


It was good to see him not strung out on drugs but back to the "old" Daniel. I know that God has a plan for his life or he wouldn't be here today due to several different instances.


He has 13 more months to serve and my prayer is that when he gets out he stays clean and begins a new life, we know that God makes all things new. Will you pray this along with me friends??


As soon as I dropped Andi off it started...the big ugly cry. It broke my heart to see him behind that glass, knowing what a big heart he has and what he would do for anyone but also knowing that is what got him in trouble. So what was a girl to do??? I stopped at Speedway and bought a frozen Coke and a box of Krispy Kremes.....


This wasn't my last trip to see him. I will go back.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

PRaying for him!

Leslie said...

You and Daniel and all of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You know, this is a tough situation. It's not something that most of us just 'know' how to tackle. But you're right, God has a plan. And His plans tend to be pretty amazing. Something else to comfort your heart...imagine Daniel falling asleep smiling at the memories of your visit.

Carol said...

Glad you had a good visit. I will certainly join you in praying for Daniel. Does he have a Bible with him?

Susan Warren said...

Praying for him!

beckiwoodsmall said...

He has a King James but I would like for him to have one with language he can understand. The tough part is that when he does get one it becomes state property and he won't get it when he gets out. Thanks for your prayers!! I would ask prayers for Christy's baby brother, Jordan (21 and knows it all). He has turned his back on the Lord. I don't understand but I will "Be still and know that He is God"!!