Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's been a bit of a crazy week. It's been busy, I was sick Tuesday, better Wednesday & not feeling 100% today. Formations Tuesday, board meeting tonight & first day of school tomorrow!!!


Yesterday I had to run to Loogootee so I stopped in to see my Pastor. I absolutely love this woman, she is an amazing instrument for God. As we talked, it became clear to me how too often we put our clergy on a platform, thinking they are above us. She goes through real struggles like the rest of us but often has no one other then her husband to talk to about them. she has been going through a lot of opposition, that sorry folks to be so blunt, but it is just ridiculous!! She is trying to do God's will. Is she perfect? Of course not but I realized that we neglect our pastors all too often. We don't realize how when they take that oath, they open themselves & their lives up for all to see & judge.


As I was driving home after talking with her, my heart broke. She is an amazing preacher, with a heart the size of Africa!!


So, my challenge to you is this: take time to pray for your pastor, what an amazing concept right?!?! Tell them what they mean to you, send a card, call them up, shoot them an email. Remember. They are our leaders to the throne of God. Next time we feel the need to complain about them, step back & realize what the call on their life is all about.... GOD!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Amen, sista! I'm sure that ministers regularly hear when parishioners like or don't like the sermon. But how often do we let them know that we like who they are without the pulpit?

Anonymous said...

Would you please forward this to Nancy Whitman so that she can publish it in the bulletin. Thank you very much. Another suggestion for everyone is to send off a letter to Rev. Judith Purvis at the Vincennes Office telling what your Pastor means to you. Negative comments are always heard, but the wonderful ones like you have expressed rarely make it to the ears of her superiors!