Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chang

I have been dreading this post coming cause it means change. I do not like change!


The official countdown to Chang's leaving is on. He leaves in less then a week. Next Wednesday early in the morning he flies out. Ed can't get off work so I'll be going alone. Anyone want to go???


I still remember when we took Hou Hou to the airport. It was emotional to say the least. He cried, I cried, & Ed cried. I can still see him walking down the terminal & every few steps he would turn to make sure he still saw us there.


Hosting exchange students has become something we absolutely love to do. I say we would never get a student that wasn't Asian & probably not anything but a boy. Unlike so many others I know, we have had nothing but positive experiences from doing it. I have been proud of Aimee & Cole too because they accept them as one of their own. These kids hold a special place in our hearts. Hou Hou is planning a visit for this year. He came for Christmas year before last, & I still get calls from him about once every month or two.


Chang has been such a blessing for us. He is outgoing. Hou Hou was shy. Both are musically talented. I find myself comparing them often. While each are different in their own unique ways, they are alike in many as well.


Chang will be doing another exchange program in South Dakota since he isn't old enough to enroll in college yet. He plans to go to IU as of right now sop that excites us. He jumped right in & experienced so many things. He was in band, on the basketball team, & played in the praise band at church.


Next Wednesday will be a hard day but we will try to remember this past year with fond memories.


As Lauren says "changing the world one Asian kid at a time". =)

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'll go with you anywhere my dear. Hang in there.

Andrea said...

Me n the big boys would love to go. Just let me know. Will be a sad sad day. Ethan said last night "I don't even remember what it was like without him." Awww

beckiwoodsmall said...

If you need me to go, I'll be glad to ;0)