Friday, July 2, 2010

Nudge

I was lovingly reminded by a dear friend today that I have not updated my blog in 7 weeks.... wow, that is almost 2 months! Now, it isn't that I didn't know this. I knew it and I check other blogs often but it is that I really couldn't find anything that I thought you all would want to hear me talk about or it would probably turn into a whining party! But here I am...


The last time that I did blog I talked about Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" This verse keeps tugging at my heart and to be honest I haven't really spent as much time with God lately as I should be (hence the absence of blogging I suppose). All too often I am a stubborn, impatient person. I know, I know you just can't believe that, unless you know me well than you are laughing to yourself thinking "no way" in the most condescending voice you can come up with!





When I heard the verse it struck a cord with me deep down but I just couldn't figure out why or what God was telling me. But did I persist to figure it out? nope, I just kinda ran away from it until today when dear sweet Keyly emailed me to "nudge" me along. I am SOO thankful for good Christian friends that can put a little perspective back in our lives and ask the hard questions of us. When I read her email I though yea yea, I know but as I began to ponder on it I knew it was from God. SO, I am on my quest once again to figure out where God wants me to go and dear friends would you pray with me that I figure it out soon?



What can we pray about for you all??



Thanks Keyly for listening to the "nudge" to email me today!

3 comments:

Keyly Watts said...

Farhar - I love you girl!!! Your last blog was awesome to me . . . thank you! My prayer is More of Him, less of Me (John 3:30). What can we pray for you?

Leslie said...

Prayers for me? Let me count the ways. [sigh]

Please pray for my son who has gotten himself into trouble yet again (2 misdemeaners, 2 felonies, and now a contempt of court) and is spending some time in a cell in KY.

Please pray for his ex-girlfriend who has recently given birth to a 7-wk premature baby that looks a lot like my first grandson.

And please pray for me. I'm not sure that I can take anymore surprises.

Lord, give me peace to sleep and calm my heart. Give me wisdom and patience to know what to say to the boy and when to say it. And give me my joy back...because I'm tired of fighting tears and feeling so run down. In His Name. Amen.

Christy said...

Les, you know I'm praying for ya girl! Remember Jeremiah 29:11! Love ya!