Thursday, July 22, 2010

Changes

So, since I have gotten married I have, ahem, gained a few extra pounds. That's being nice! So, my wedding ring doesn't fit. I quit wearing it a while back for this reason & I'm just not a jewlery person. However, I have been amazed at just how many people pay attention to this sort of thing. My boss even approached me a while back & asked if everything was ok. I said yes why do you ask & he said some co-workers had noticed I've not been wearing my ring.

Seriously?!?!

Then today a guy stopped at the gate, I addressed him with my usual hi, have a nice day spill & he looked at my hand, looked back up & said you too, Miss.


Oh well, not only the extra pounds but I have discovered patches of gray in my hair. What the heck?!?! I'm 30...something. I shouldn't be getting gray hair already, right??? (Indulge me here people).


Changes happen. That's a part of life. Some changes I like & some I just dread. Like the approaching task ahead of moving Aimee to college. Ed says I don't get it, she'll be home on the weekends. I say it's not the same as having her home everyday. Then in 3 short years Cole will be folowing suit. Ed is looking forward to it but not this mom!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I started going gray at 30! And it's funny you mention the ring, I noticed you weren't wearing one today lol!

Keyly Watts said...

I have the gray too & to tell you the truth . . . the nest is never too empty!!! Hang in there, change is good, if you let it be! Regardless of how we feel, change is coming. I say embrace it!! Love ya Pal!!!