Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Have you ever noticed just how easy it is to get distracted?? Maybe it's my ADHD but I think most people have the same issues with it!


You're chugging along just fine when the next thing you know you haven't picked up your Bible in a couple of days, or you haven't prayed like you should.


The ole' scum dog is SO good at getting in our mind and keeping us distracted. Our job is to learn to recognize when he is doing this and start taking our thoughts captive. It isn't an easy practice and just when you think you have it mastered it surprises you when you don't!


I get distracted very easy and can get my ole feather's ruffled quite easy as well. I have been working on that hard for a few years now but every now and then I have that occasional mouth overloading the brain syndrome then feel guilty later on. The good thing is no matter how much we neglect God or say things we shouldn't or yell at the dog or whatever He still loves us and wants a relationship with us. That my friends is a reassuring thing!




Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2).

No comments: