Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Whom shall I send?

One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said Here am I. Send me.


Isaiah is becoming one of my favorite people in the Bible. Sorry Moses, I still love your studdering, & your feelings on unworthiness because I so relate BUT I'm taking a new approach. Isaiah was active, but he didn't set out to be a prophet. He was a scribe in the royal palace in Jerusalem. A good career but God had other plans. His encounter with God forever changed him. He portrayed the God he served. God didn't tell him he would have great success, as a matter of fact God told him the people wouldn't listen.


Now I don't know about you but if God told me to preach, write & minister to people who wouldn't listen to me I'm not sure I would have continued BUT isn't that where we are often times in our daily walk with the Lord? Sometimes we talk to people about God they simply don't want to listen but should that stop us?


We can use Isaiah as an example to respond to God with "Here am I Lord, send me".

No comments: