Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Blues

I get the winter blues every year but this year seems worse! As Aimee came in for our nightly talk last night (she lays with me for about an hour, and sometimes just sleeps there!) we got to talking about some things going on in her life and I told her I will miss this next year when she is at college. I honestly think that is most of my problem this year.... this senior year is killing dear ole mom!!








Cole usually walks in and calls Aimee a loser, hugs me good night and off he goes to his room. He spends most of his time in his room. Aimee is usually by my side, so I think I will get a little (hmph) lonely next year!








Cold weather, wind and snow do not go well with me! It makes me want to just stay in bed with my head under the covers. I have dealt with depression in my past and at one point was medicated for it. I was on meds for about a year, I can say I have done well since then but there are still times when I feel the dread looming over me. I fight it off as best I can and with the help of God it usually works. Ed is so sweet about it, he tries his best to make things better when I get down. Usually he just drives me crazy cause I just want to be left alone but he also knows that is when I get worse so that is why he persists and I love him for it!








I am all settled in for the night! I am going to attempt to fix supper, although nothing sounds good, then I plan on watching Kentucky Basketball!!! Ed has to teach confirmation class tonight and the kids have youth so I get some alone time and cuddle time with Chopper!! It is going to get WAY cold tonight so stay warm!!




Chopper




1 comment:

Mark said...

I remember feelings of that senior year thing. It's tough when you realize things will change. Sounds like she's saying but one thing won't, your love for each other. Good post!