Monday, December 7, 2009

Control

I have been struggling a lot lately with my kids getting older & making their own decisions. I worry that they might not make the best decisions, but today as I was having a talk with my Abba Father, or Daddy I was reminded that it's not about what I want for my kids but what His plan is.

Ouch!

I know His ways are much higher & better than mine but I tend to want to control... Well most everything!! As I was praying & discussing this with Him I was reminded of Moses. I really, really like Moses for a number of reasons. He, like me, argued with God, tested Him & so forth before he just trusted Him. This is something I struggle with! Anyway, God spoke to me & reminded me that when Moses' mother couldn't hide (control) him any longer, she released him into the Nile & what happened??? He sent Moses back to her!


In Exodus 2 it tells the story of Moses birth. His mother hid him for 3 months (i.e. Christy trying to protect her kids & make their decisions for them). When she could no longer hide him, she released him into the Nile where Pharaoh's sister intercepted him. She couldn't nurse him so Moses sister asked if she would like for her to go get one of the Hebrew women to nurse him. She said yes & he was returned to his mother to care for him until he was old enough to go back to Pharaoh's daughter.


I need to learn to let God have my kids & trust that I have instilled the proper values in them to make the right choices. But I choose to pray God gives them wisdom beyond their years to let them know when the choice they are about to make isn't in the will of God. I pray that he directs their steps & that they not look side to side but keep their eyes focused forward.

No comments: