Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What's in a name?

I had to laugh last night at our Crazy Love study when I asked someone to mark where we left off at so we know where to start at next time. My sister said "Malachi" only she pronounced it Ma-locsh-i. I laughed, & said what?? She said someone had once said it that way. So that got us talking about the "big" words in the Bible.


What do you do when you come across a name you can't pronounce? Andi said she will call them Mr. M (if it was Malachi for instance). I've heard people say so & so. I've also heard people call them by a very common name like Fred. I know for me if I just skim by the name the passage looses something. The names make it personal & are there for a reason! I often hear radio segments where the speakers pronounce names different than what I do & sometimes I have to really think about what they said.


We get so used to things being OUR way that we sometimes don't realize that OUR way may just not be the right way! Well, darn it. I don't know about you but I like things my way. Sometimes a little too much I do believe! That's been a hard struggle for me in waiting on God's timing cause I want it when I want it & how I want it, by golly! But I am learning to "Be still & know that He is God" & although I'd sometimes like to know the plans for me, I trust him to work whatever HE needs to through me!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Amen and Amen sista!!! :)