Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We're pressed on every side by troubles, but we're not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We're hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we're not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9


I love this verse because it's packed full of promise & hope. It has been a rough December for me. The ole scum dog has really been working hard in my life. Either by depression, business or strife BUT I must remember that Jesus has overcame this world & he has made a place for us with Him.


It's getting so close to Christmas & I'm not ready but I've decided that's ok. I want to stop & remember what this season is all about. Not about parties, gifts, decorations & lights but it's about Jesus choosing to come to Earth as a man & to suffer for each & every one of us. A lowly baby in a lowly stable but such an oh so HUGE God!!

2 comments:

Keyly Watts said...

Yaa yes Daniel son, very good.

It's have to remember that it's always okay - He is: always and forever, everywhere and everything, calm and secure, peace and love.

RNMOMMY73 said...

That verse is AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing it. I agree it is packed full of promise and hope and a reminder that no matter what he is there. Everywhere this year it is repeatedly brought to my attention "Emmanuel... God with US!" I think this year more than any other I have been reminded of that. What an AWESOME Father we have. And Christy... "Oh, how he loves us!" :)