Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend over...

Doesn't it seem like the weekends just fly by?!?!?



It's 3:30 on Sunday and we are just getting settled in. Sectional was yesterday, we lost our game to Barr Reeve but I think they played well considering they were playing the #1 team in the state! We ended the season 19-7, which is the best season for many, many years now. Basketball season here we come!! This is my favorite sport season, I LOVE basketball. Love to watch my kids, UK and most any college basketball. hard to believe Aimee's senior year is flying by!! Which also means Cole's freshman year is flying too!!



Wednesday we go to Hanover to meet with Aimee's counselor as well as the softball coach. We are interested to see what all we learn then!! Hanover is a beautiful campus. I am looking forward to seeing it this time of year!



Last night we had a Sunday School dinner with all the other classes, it was so nice! Today we had the Pastor appreciation dinner, the turnout was great. Pam, our youth leader along with Dianna (another youth helper) presented pastor with a prayer shawl, it was beautiful. The youth also wrote essays on a lesson out of the Crazy Love study. It was titled "What will I do with my life before me". I was very proud of Aimee and Cole for what they wrote and how they presented it.



Ed and I went to do laundry and now we are settled in. I already have my jammies on and I plan on not doing much the rest of the evening. This week our Crazy Love lesson is on "Not being lukewarm" and let me tell you, it convicted me. This lesson was the turning point in the book so far for me. It really makes you think. I always look forward to our grouping with the Ya Ya's, not so sure about leading this study but there seems to be ample sharing at this point. I hope for more to step out and share.



Have a great week ahead!!


2 comments:

Susan said...

I have been duly chastised by the teacher:) Never think anything I have to say is that worthwhile. But I'll try harder:)

Christy said...

lol Not directed toward you Susie!! =) well not TOTALLY