Thursday, January 14, 2010

A bunch of Nimrod's

Have you ever called anyone a "Nimrod"?


I'm not sure if I have but I've heard the term used enough to know it's not a positive thing to be called a nimrod!


But, did you know there actually was a man named Nimrod in the bible? Yep, I was reading in Genesis chapter 10 & came across him. He was acrually a mighty hunter but as it said in the commentary peopke with great gifts can become proud, & that is probably what happened to him. Some consider him to be the founder of the great, godless Babylonian empire.


Funny how when we let ourselves get caught up in what WE can do how easily we can forget to give God the credit.



Don't be a "Nimrod", remember the One who is almighty & mighty to save!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I just came across that story myself a few days ago lol. Never knew there was an actual Nimrod.