Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm reading the book Magnificent Obsession (btw, if I ever get to be a lay director on a walk that will be the theme) anyway, it's by Anne Graham Lotz. This paragraph stuck with me. (Maybe I'll quit asking for those flashing neon billboards).
"And then it hit me: God shows up in the ordinariness of our day, doesn't He? He doesn't show up only when He parts the Red Sea with a powerful wind, or in the banquet hall with handwriting on the wall, or on Mount Sinai with thunder & lightning, or on the Mount of Transfiguration in radiant glory. He shows up in everyday situations, as we are going about our everyday responsibilities in our everyday routines."


It's OUR job to stop long enough to see & hear Him. Have you seen Him lately?? If not I challenge you to stop & listen for His still, small voice.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

There's a song with that same name.

This is everything I want
This is everything I need
I want this to be my one consuming passion
Everything my heart desires
Lord, I want it all to be for You, Jesus
Be my magnificent obsession

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Christy said...

Yep good ole' Steven Curtis Chapman!