Thursday, February 25, 2010

Interrupted

I read a blog this morning that talked about being interrupted. Most of the time we think of being interrupted as a bad thing but not in this case.


How often do thoughts, bad thoughts run through your head?

How often, as the blog I read today said, do you "cuss" in your mind?

How often do you get caught up in that tidbit of gossip??

How often often does that "bad driver" make you call them names you wouldn't if others were around??


Man, this really hit home for me. I'll be honest here, often times I get frustrated when driving at others & what do I do?? I say outloud (while alone in the car) "you idiot" or "moron".


The blog I read talked about asking to be "interrupted" when the things asked above happen. Interrupt my thoughts, my words, my actions.


I want to see people through God's eyes. To realize that no matter who they are, that they are a child of God & he loves them right where they are.


But honestly, that's hard. But then again, being a Christian & trying to DAILY walk in it is hard. It's a constant work in progress. That all too often I don't take seriously enough.


Lord, interrupt me. My thoughts, my words, my actions. Make me be more like you, Lord!

1 comment:

Inge' said...

Today my daughter and I were discussing this very thing.

I told her that God can speak through her, help her control her thoughts, emotions. The key is ASK and ALLOW. We so often ask God for help with these things but so rarely allow Him to do what we have asked for.

This is a great post and one I am sure to be thinking about this week. Thank you I really needed this!