Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So this thing called parenting....


It's HARD!!!


It's also rewarding, exhausting, emotionally charged, challenging, precious & I wouldn't trade it for the world.


There is no grey area in parenting. There is however, a very fine line in which we must walk like an acrobat on a tight rope. It's moment by moment, I have discovered. I've also learned that there is NOTHING that can make you hurt more or make you feel that overwhelming love that seems as if your heart will explode.


I've learned (& it took me a LONG time) that showing grace & love is more convicting than yelling, screaming, or throwing a plain ole' fit will do. The one thing I want my kids to realize is that no matter what, I love them unconditionally. Yes, there will be consequences for bad decisions at times. But there is also redemption. The one thing I fear is that my kids will try to please me so much that they lose sight of who they are & they play a role.


As much as I love my kids, I know that God loves them even more than I do. That's why it's easy to leave them in His hands. I want me kids to strive to not please me but to have a relationship with our Heavenly Father & strive to do His work here on Earth.


I am blessed with great kids in which I feel we have a special bond. I've tried both ways... The tyrant & the loving, graceful parent. The fine line exists still but it's up to you to decide which one is the way God would have us go.

No comments: