Friday, February 7, 2014

Life as we know it

We are coming up on the 11 month mark since our family has been added to times 4. I would love to say it has been an easy journey but that would be a lie. While this is probably the hardest thing we have ever done I can say it is the best thing we have ever done. We have learned a lot about ourselves and how we handle the unknown. I wish I could say it has been all with grace but again that would be a lie. Navigating through the foster care system can be very trying ESPECIALLY if you are a recovering control freak like I am! However, just when I get to feeling overwhelmed God reassures me with His peace that only He can give.


Our life looks totally different now than it did 11 months ago. I've had people say "why, when your kids JUST got out of the house?". To that I say why NOT? This life I have isn't mine anyway, so why not give away the love that I have to someone that needs it? 


Do I wish I had "free time" like I did before? Yes, there are days when I get selfish and just want to go and do what I want, when I want but I don't have that option anymore and you know what most days I love that. The joy that these little souls have brought to us is unexplainable. I am sure if you ask my friends they might say they feel neglected by me because quite frankly I don't have time like before to be able to just go out to eat or to the movies or whatever. 


The future is unknown but I do know one thing, God has given us this lfe to give away. Don't try holding on to something that isn't yours anyway. Let go and hang on for the ride!


No comments: