Thursday, August 2, 2012

Taking a stand, tolerance, hate...

Before I even start let me say that I believe Chick-fil-A (CFA) is a great company & I admire their taking a stand however my issue comes in the fact that the response it has caused from some people is less than appealing. As a matter of fact it is downright disgusting how some have turned this into hate.

 Now I don't believe in same sex marriage and I believe what the Bible says about it. 


Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NKJV)


I am all for Christians taking a stand but what I'm not for is the hate this whole CFA thing has brought about by some NOT all. Jesus ate with sinners and the last time I checked I am a sinner. Stealing an ink pen knowingly from the bank is no less a sin than murder, adultery, or homosexuality. 


To quote a movie that most Emmaus people know "Jesus loves just about everyone". 


The other irony is there are people standing behind a $5.00 sandwich but will not stand up to the church conforming to the world. There are denominations approving things that re clearly against what the Bible teaches and even some that say the Bible isn't 100% true. 


And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?  Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? (Matthew 7:3, 4 NKJV)


Kudos to you Chick-Fil-A for taking a stand. Shame on you that have taken what they have done and turned it into something I am sure they never intended it to be.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Amen!

gquad said...

Blog it sister! well put

Parker Post said...

♥ Very well said, my thoughts EXACTLY